Friday, August 10, 2012

Are Google Apps Secretly Taking Photos of You?

This morning I got a notice on my Samsung Galaxy phone to upgrade.  After the upgrade I noticed a google mail icon had replaced my email icon on the front page.  I clicked it, and instead of bringing up my email, it said "Application not installed".  I had to go looking for my emails and put the icon back on the home page.

Then my phone began sending old emails to people some dating back to April.  Many people are confused, as you can imagine.

A message appeared saying I needed to upgrade Google translate. When I clicked "OK" it informed me that Google would need permission TO ACCESS MY CAMERA AND VIEW WHATEVER MY CAMERA IS VIEWING AT ANY TIME.

Really? I want to know, "why?"  I'll be asking the question on Twitter @google.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a "G" rated site - family appropriate comments only please. Violators will be reported to Mother.